F**k Perfect!

Greetings,

Proceed with caution...
This is where it gets raw and real. Ready to experience the messy human state in all it's guts and grandeur?

No apologies, no self help manuals, just the gritty truth of my own perfectly imperfect unreasonable journey.

Permission to be authentic? Granted!





Thursday, May 20, 2010

“The body is fundamental and necessary for the realization of the Divine Intention” ... Rumi

I am tired. It's a good tired, the kind a 20 minute nap might take care of.

Today I am pondering commitment. Reveling in the sweetness of the staying.

Depak Chopra's "7 Spiritual Laws" made commitment come to life for me. Before it felt so stagnant and rigid. Now I am understanding the deep textures and constant change that make commitment feasible. The flexibility necessary to navigate the changing conditions of life while staying the course.

I write my intentions each week. Some intentions remain the same, others change. I write them juicy and larger than life sometimes. Other weeks I write them gently, subtle and more focused. Each morning I say them out loud, a declaration of my path. A reminder to my intellectual, emotional, and physical body of what my Spirit is suggesting I hold in this day's awareness. My internal GPS, a compass for my intentional life.

Then I go into meditation. Sitting to notice. Some days my breath and clarity only illume for 3 breaths, the rest is watching the mind thrash. Once in a while it is heaven. Perfect silence, body humming, timeless, breath, light, everything/nothing. Regardless each day I show up, check in, and calibrate.

This practice has changed my life. It has kept me motivated thru the lulls, the doldrums, and the frustrating details of birthing a dream, as well as kept me calm in the exciting bliss when I want to shout from the rooftops.. instead I am harnessing that energy to keep on my path...to stay committed.

Thank you Depak!